Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Scars ---- Baptiste Debombourg

Baptiste's work is very interesting to me. The ideas are very simple, but somehow he can make them into very powerful and emotional works.

'Turbo', Even if I'm not standing in the scene I can feel the strong impact brought by the gigantic form and huge wall cracks. Yet it's still holding, it may crash any second. Viewers must feel the same intensity I feel too. But mostly, viewers will appreciate the stability that's held by the cracks since the artist's focus is not to show the oncoming fall.
It creates such a new and interesting experience to the viewers, at least to myself, it will be very easily for me to be emotionally connected with the scene if I was sitting there and drinking my coffee (imagining it's in a coffee shop).
'Crystal palace', the artist really likes rifts, harmless rifts, that won't cause any collapse. That's why he really likes to use windshields or similar kind of glass or materials.
'Volte face', On the other hand, every single piece of glass is broken with holes and cracks on them. There is a lot of emotions going on with the piece.

There is a lot of hurt, but not destruction.

Scars on his body, heart and soul, tolerance, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment