Sunday, November 27, 2011

Art and Fashion ---- Li Xiaofeng

I definitely think fashion is part of art, only more practical and well understood. Who can resist a dress with a unique design? Especially something as beautiful as Li Xiaofeng's creations.

I would wear this myself no matter how heavy it is. The artist or fashion designer wanted to make dresses out of porcelain, but it would be impossible to put a whole piece of porcelain dress on a human body. Breaking individual porcelain pots and dishes apart and sewing them together like that creates the flexibility of movement the material didn't have. It is a smart way to work it out.
I am in love with the blue and white color, also the very oriental style.
This piece is not really that oriental to me except the blue and white china itself. I don't ever see a Chinese girl dressing like this, so I'm not sure where the artist got his inspiration. The whole piece is so stunning, absolutely well made and designed.
His dresses are actually wearable, though I'm not sure about this one, it looks more like an art piece.
I know for Americans or most of Westerners, they wouldn't tell if these are Japanese style, Korean style, or Chinese style. Well, these are definitely Chinese, because I can see a trace of the Qi pao, a traditional Chinese dress with its unique elegance.

No comments:

Post a Comment