Monday, November 28, 2011

In to the wild ---- Emily Nachison

I don't know how much I like Emily's work. Her work always reminds me of filthy and dangerous swamps residing in the wild. The other reason I don't like her work is that I am not into sculptured animals at all.

'Rabbit hill'

I don't know why artists like to make sculptured animals so much. Isn't it much more fun to look at a real animal? Especially in Emily's work, she basically just copied a wild scene that can appear anywhere in the nature, altered a little bit. I just don't like any art that's way too representational.
'White Grotto'

I guess the reason why I don't like representational art is that I see no point of copying scenes, figures or anything of our vivid living life unless the artist can do it in a very creative way. To me Emily's work is not interesting enough.
'White Room'

This is probably my favorite of her works, just because of the hanging abstract forms. The artist is very attached to the wild and the nature. Maybe I would like her much more if I was attached the same way.
I'm thinking if she can just go ahead and make the whole house an artificial cave full of sculptured rocks and animals and hanging stuff using man made materials, that would be much more interesting and attractive to the viewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment